If you own a business and want to know how to sell on Temu, then this one’s for you.
As someone who has been selling on Temu for a while now, I can confidently say that it’s a fantastic platform for anyone looking to make some extra cash or start a full-blown online business.
So how to sell on Temu? There are two ways to enter the marketplace – as a verified Pinduoduo seller or by signing up as a trusted seller on Temu itself.
If you’re an old Pinduoduo seller, the process is simple, but if you’re not registered, it only takes a few minutes to complete.
Alternatively, if you’re not registered with the parent company, you can apply directly for the new merchant role on Temu’s website. While signing up is easy, it’s important to note that the verification process takes about three working days.
Read on because I’ll cover everything there is to know about selling on Temu and even take you through all the steps and rules you have to follow in order to have your store listed on their platform.
How to Sell on Temu?
What is Temu?
Well to start things off, Temu is a cross-border e-commerce platform that’s owned and operated by Pinduoduo.
Pinduoduo or PDD, operates only in China and was founded back in 2015 as an agriculture online retailer. They entered NASDAQ in 2018 and have since managed to become the second largest online marketplace in China, right after Taobao.
Since Temu is the brainchild of Pinduoduo, it is able to successfully tap into the many brands and businesses that are currently a part of PDD-holdings. It is these brands that are then on-boarded to list their products on the Temu app through their stores or shops.
So you might be wondering, how do you become a member of PDD-holdings (Pinduoduo) and what are the requirements needed to have your business listed on Temu?
Read on to find all that out.
How to Join Temu as a Seller?
There are two ways to get started. The first option is to become a verified seller on Temu’s parent company. Alternatively, you can sign up as a trusted seller on Temu and register yourself as a cross-border merchant.
Once you have completed either of these tasks successfully, you will have officially listed your store and products on Temu’s app and website. Here are the steps to complete both tasks:
How to Join Temu as a Registered Pinduoduo Member
If you are an old Pinduoduo seller, you have an advantage as your task will be simplified and you won’t have to go through additional processes. However, if you are not registered, don’t worry – the entire process will take only a couple of minutes to complete.
To begin, visit Pinduoduo’s official website and select the cross-border e-commerce button present on the left panel. Once you sign into your account, apply for cross-border e-commerce. If your application is successful, congratulations! You are now officially registered.
How to Join Temu as a New Merchant
If you are already registered with the parent company, then registering for a merchant position at Temu is easy. However, if you are not registered with the parent company, you can directly apply for the new merchant role on Temu’s website.
While signing up with Temu is easy, it’s important to note that the verification process for the online form you submitted will take about three working days to complete. Once the verification process is complete, you will receive your results.
To do this, follow these steps:
Step 1 — Sign Up to Temu
You must sign up on the Temu Cross-border Seller Center and verify your account using the passcode that was SMS’d to you.
The Temu sign up website is available in Simplified Chinese, but there’s an English version of the site as well making it easier for non-Chinese speaking merchants to register.
You can visit this link to sign up to Temu as a merchant.
Step 2 — Complete the Merchant Sign Up Process
Now that you have verified your account it’s time to complete signing up to Temu by selecting your store type and what business you run.
The options available to you are:
- Flagship store
- Department Flagship Store
- Exclusive Seller
- Authorized Retailer
Next, you will have to fill out a qualification form by providing details related to your business. These documents will have to be uploaded to Temu Seller Center in order to complete the final step of the signup process.
Here are the documents required to qualify as a cross-border Temu merchant.
- Overseas proof of business registration (such as a business license)
- ID of legal representative (passport, driver’s license)
- ID of store manager
- Distribution/logistics documentation (proof of warehouse partners, etc.)
- Brand qualification documentation (trademarks, authorization letters)
*Note: All the above mentioned documents are mandatory and failing to upload any will lead to a rejection in the application.
Step 3 — Submit the Application and Wait for the Approval
Once you have uploaded the necessary documents, go ahead and fill up your store details such as name, logo and other relevant information and then submit the page.
The account will undergo a verification process that will take around 3 days to complete. Once the verification is done, you will receive an SMS with the result of the application.
If your store has been approved, go ahead and sign into your account and then proceed to add products to your seller center.
What are the Roles of Sellers on Temu?
Since Temu is a C2M marketplace, the platform doesn’t have any control over the order fulfillment process and leaves the manufacturing, product listing, packaging and shipping up to the manufacturer or seller.
- Sellers are responsible for setting up their store and operating it on the Temu platform.
- Samples of the top rated or most popular products must be shipped to the Temu main office for a thorough review to see if the products meet industry standards and are safe to be sold within the U.S
- Preparing and uploading product information such as prices, descriptions and images.
- Sellers are the first point of contact for order related, shipping or product related queries. It’s important for sellers to resolve queries and provide quick resolutions for their store to grow successfully on the Temu platform.
- Sellers are required to prepare a projected sales volume for each week and have the set number of products ready to go as soon as orders are placed.
- Products should be packaged in accordance with the Temu guidelines. For example, apparel and accessories should be packaged in a clear zipper bag.
- Bank accounts should be bound to the manufacturing company and not an individual entity or a personal account in order to receive the payout.
What are the Restrictions to Selling on Temu?
Though setting up a shop on Temu is easy work, there are some things sellers have to keep in mind so their shop does not get banned or restricted from using the Temu platform.
There are three levels of restrictions set for Temu sellers, each level depends on the seriousness of the offense and while level 1 and 2 might be considered soft and mid-soft bans, the third is a permanent ban which can limit your store indefinitely.
Categories of Bans on Temu Seller Center
- Level 1 restrictions will remove and prohibit the affected product as well as remove any store advertisements
- Level 2 restrictions will lead to product removals, prohibitions, removal of advertisements and prohibition of new listings
- Level 3 restrictions will result in a complete take down of all products and no new products will be allowed.
What Can Cause a Ban?
- Temu is currently available only to individual stores, individual industrial stores, commercial enterprises and enterprise stores. Sellers that portray themselves as one of these types of stores but are not, will receive a ban until they can provide documentation on the type of store they actually are.
- Businesses without a valid registration or ID will not be permitted to open a store on Temu.
- Products that are sold on Temu will have to meet the local laws and regulations as well as stores should have obtained the necessary permits and certifications for their products such as a CPC certification if the store deals in children’s toys.
- All ID cards and documentation should have an expiry date at least a year in the future and those with under 12 months validity will not receive the approval to open their store on Temu.
- Store names are not supposed to contain content that infringes on others, is exaggerated, has the name of a country, region or an international organization.
- Any seller or store that violates the Temu store policy will receive a level 2 ban which can prohibit the sale of their products, remove advertisements, and limit the products listed on the shelf.
- Bans can occur when there are a high number of abnormal logistics orders, high dispute refund orders and an increase in quality refund orders.
- Other bans can occur when the response rate of the store is low and the complaint rate is high over the past 30 days.
Withdraw Payments from the Temu Seller Center
Payments for orders that are placed on the Temu app can be withdrawn via the Temu seller center tool. However, in order to be able to withdraw the funds, the store will need to have a bank card or bank account bound to it.
Once the bank account or card is bound to the store, navigate to the Account Funds section and then move to the Fund Center. Finally select the amount and then click on Withdraw to have the amount deposited into your account.
What is Temu, and how can it help me sell my products online?
Temu is an online marketplace that connects buyers and sellers from all over the world. By selling your products on Temu, you can reach a larger audience and potentially increase your sales.
How do I register as a seller on Temu?
You can register as a seller on Temu by either getting registered as a verified seller on its parent company, Pinduoduo, or by signing up as a trusted seller on Temu itself and registering yourself as a cross-border merchant.
What kind of products can I sell on Temu?
You can sell a wide variety of products on Temu, including clothing, electronics, handmade crafts, and vintage finds. However, certain products may be prohibited, so it’s important to check Temu’s guidelines before listing your items for sale.
How do I price my products on Temu?
When pricing your products on Temu, it’s important to consider factors such as production costs, shipping fees, and competitors’ prices. Conducting market research and regularly adjusting your prices can help you stay competitive.
How do I get paid for sales on Temu?
Temu offers various payment options for sellers, including bank transfers and PayPal. Once a customer makes a purchase, Temu will hold the payment until the order is fulfilled, and then release the funds to you.
How can I increase my sales on Temu?
To increase your sales on Temu, consider utilizing promotional tools such as discounts and coupons, regularly adding new products to your shop, and engaging with customers through social media and other channels.
What fees does Temu charge for selling on its platform?
Temu charges a commission fee on each sale made on its platform, as well as a payment processing fee for using its payment system. The exact fees vary depending on the type of product and payment method used.
How to Sell on Temu: Takeaway
If you’re wondering whether Temu is the app for you, then rest assured because the app is growing at an exponential rate and there’s a lot of potential for your store to grow as well through their platform.
The only thing you would have to keep in mind is the restrictions and to go through the policy in detail while signing up to use their services.
I hope this guide helped clear all your doubts or questions regarding selling on Temu. you can also check out if the platform is legit and my personal experience using Temu.
Until next time!
- How to Find the Best Temu Sellers? | 8 Shops I Recommend You Check Out
- How to Get Free Gifts on Temu | Rules, Eligibility and Step by Step Guide
- How to Use Temu Coupon Codes